Medical Device & Drug Injuries
Medical and pharmaceutical companies have the duty to ensure that their products are safe, and that any risks are appropriately and clearly communicated. When medical device manufacturers and drug companies fail to meet these obligations, they can be held legal responsible for any harm that befalls patients. Brett H. Oppenheimer, PLLC may be able to help you seek justice and financial recovery if you or a loved one has suffered from a defective medical device or drug.
Why Choose Brett for Your Defective Medical Device or Drug Case?
- $100+ Million Recovered for Clients
- Fighting for Patients & Families Since 1991
- Top 100 KY Trial Lawyers - National Trial Lawyers
- Client-Recommended, One-on-One Service
- Personally Handles Every Case Himself
Find Out If You Are Eligible to File a Claim
Some of the types of claims that are made against pharmaceutical companies and medical device companies include:
- Negligence: This general claim alleges that a medical device or drug company failed to act reasonably or was reckless or malicious in failing to meet reasonable standards of care in testing, reporting, designing, manufacturing, or delivering its products.
- Inadequate Warning: A manufacturer’s warning may be deemed inadequate if it omits or fails to clearly express the true risks and/or potential complications to patients.
- Failure to Warn: Pharmaceutical companies have an obligation to clearly disclose all side effects and negative complications known to the company. These companies must also provide doctors with the data that doctors need to safely use the device to educate their patients and staff.
- Improper Marketing: This claims that drugs or devices were sold in an overly aggressive or inappropriate way, causing more patients to be injured or killed than would be true with appropriate marketing tactics. This also applies to cases of marketing devices or drugs for “off label”, “experimental”, or “non-FDA approved” use.
- Spoiled, Contaminated, or Tainted Drugs: Whether due to a failure to maintain a sterile environment or a failure to maintain refrigeration, etc., companies can be held responsible for injuries or deaths caused by these conditions.
If you believe you or a loved one have been injured as a result of a defective drug or device, or from a failure to warn about the product’s potential risks, please contact Brett Oppenheimer, PLLC for a free consultation.
Medical Device and Pharmaceutical Claims
Brett Oppenheimer takes on cases including and not limited to:
- Da Vinci Surgical Robot
- Duodenoscope Superbug Outbreak
- Invokana Ketoacidosis
- IVC Filter Injury
- Off Label Drug
- Onglyza Heart Attack
- Power Morcellators Uterine Cancer Risk
- Stryker Hip Implant
- Subsys Off Label
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy
- Viagra Melanoma Risk
- Zofran Birth Defects
Clients Believe Brett Oppenheimer Is the Right Choice
Without your help & guidance, it would have been unbearable.Mark M.
Honesty & TransparencyChina H.
Brett & Laurie make their client's needs a top priority!Papaw Doug
Respected by His Peers, Loved by His Clients
Over 30 Years of Legal Experience
Personal Involvement From Start to Finish
No Recovery, No Fee