Burn accident injury cases can be especially traumatic, for both the injured individual and his or her family. Serious burns are accompanied by great pain, possible scarring and disfigurement, constant discomfort, intensive therapy and care, and long and repeated hospital stays. Attorney Brett Oppenheimer represents injury victims and their families. He understands the anguish and anxiety experienced by burn victims and their loved ones.
Several Types of Burn Accident Injury
According to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, one-quarter of all serious burn accident injuries occur as a result of occupational accidents and include:
- Scalds (particularly common in restaurant and residential kitchens, but also in industrial settings)
- Flame-related burns (from public or residential fires and explosions)
- Electrical burns
- Contact burns
- Tar burns (often among road construction and roofing crews)
- Grease burns
- Chemical burns
Workers in industries such as food service, agriculture, roofing, and the electricity, chemical, and energy industries are especially vulnerable to burn accident injuries.
Non-Occupational Burn Accident Injuries
Many burn accident injuries are preventable. They may be caused by negligence, recklessness, or even intentional harm by another party (a person or legal entity such as a company). Burns can also be caused by a defective product, or by an avoidable building fire or explosion, for example.
When a burn accident injury is caused by negligence or intentional harm, the injured individual may be eligible for financial compensation for his or her losses.
Classification of Burn Accident Injuries
Burn accident injuries — in whatever setting — are classified according to their severity:
- First degree – the top layer of skin is burned, painful, perhaps red and swollen.
- Second degree – the top/first layer and the second layer are burned, blistered and very painful.
- Third degree – the most severe, with three layers of skin burned, often causing extensive scarring and physical limitations
Talk to a Burn Accident Injury Lawyer
Contact burn accident injury lawyer Brett H. Oppenheimer, PLLC in Louisville, Kentucky today with your questions about burn injuries.
Clients Believe Brett Oppenheimer Is the Right Choice
Without your help & guidance, it would have been unbearable.Mark M.
Honesty & TransparencyChina H.
Brett & Laurie make their client's needs a top priority!Papaw Doug
Respected by His Peers, Loved by His Clients
Over 30 Years of Legal Experience
Personal Involvement From Start to Finish
No Recovery, No Fee