Online Medical Resources
If you have been injured or suffer from a medical condition, your most important job is taking care of your health. Of course your primary source for medical information should be your doctor, but there are a variety of healthcare-related websites that may also benefit you by offering education, resources and support for your illness or injury.
If you have a medical emergency, call 911. If you have medical questions, contact a doctor. Do not look to lawyers or this website for medical advice. This is a partial list of resources and is for informational purposes only. The list is not exhaustive or complete. Many other websites provide valuable information and support. Brett H. Oppenheimer, PLLC nor www.bluegrassinjury.com created or are responsible for the content associated with the resources, links or websites listed below.
- https://www.cdc.gov/ - The Centers for Disease Control Website educates the public on medical conditions and diseases, the prevention of illness, injury, disability and national health alerts.
- https://www.fda.gov/ – the FDA is the department of the government that regulates, among other things, food and beverage, medical devices, drugs, tobacco products and cosmetics.
- https://medlineplus.gov/ – Medline Plus is The Food and Drug Admninistration’s website which provides information on any food, drug, dietary supplement or medical device sold in the United States.
- https://www.cancer.gov/ – The National Cancer Institute provides comprehensive information on the many types of cancer, cancer clinical trials, cancer research and cancer statistics.
- https://www.healthcare.gov/ - Department of Health and Human Resources offers information on health insurance options and health insurance law.
- https://www.ahrq.gov/ - The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality's (AHRQ) mission is to improve the quality, safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of health care for all Americans.
- https://kbml.ky.gov/physician/ – the Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure is responsible for protecting the public by ensuring that only qualified physicians are licensed and initiating appropriate disciplinary action when violations of the Medical Practice Act occur.
General Medical Information
- https://www.webmd.com/ – Provides information on medical conditions and diseases, provides an on-line symptom checker, and offers tools for improving your health and well-being.
- http://mayoclinic.com/ – The Mayo Clinic provides information on medical conditions and diseases, provides a symptom checker, assists you in finding a doctor, provides current medical news and medical research and offers tools to improve your health.
- http://healthcentral.com/ – Clinical resources and support for people with medical conditions as well as health and wellness information.
- https://healthtools.aarp.org/symptomsearch – on this website provided by the American Association of Retired Persons you can click on a list of symptoms to see a list of possible causes.
- https://www.nejm.org/ – the New England Journal of Medicine is a well known and trusted source of medical information.
- http://Jama.jamanetwork.com - The Journal of the American Medical Association, is a weekly peer-reviewed medical journal published by the American Medical Association.
- http://Ama-assn.org – The American Medical Association (AMA) helps physicians help patients by uniting physicians nationwide and medical students.
- http://drugs.com/ – An online information about prescription drugs, natural products and over-the-counter medication as well as recent articles and news about drugs.
- http://rxlist.com/ - An online medical resource offering detailed and current pharmaceutical information on brand and generic drugs.
Condition – Specific Websites
- http://www.cancer.org/ – The American Cancer Society’s website which gives information on all forms of cancer, cancer prevention, health and wellness, cancer support and treatment and cancer research.
- http://browncancercenter.org/ – A local (Louisville, KY based) resource for cancer related medical problems.
- http://cancercare.org/ - A national non-profit organization giving support services for those affected by cancer.
- http://gildasclublouisville.org/ - A local organization (Louisville, KY) resource providing support for those affected by cancer.
- http://heart.org/ – A website by the American Heart Association providing resources for heart-related medical conditions, making heart-healthy choices, heart medicine research and help for caregivers.
- http://www.spinalcord.org/ – The National Spinal Cord Injury Association website gives answers to your questions about living with spinal cord injury or disease, provides support groups, presents spinal cord research and advocates for people with spinal cord injury/disease.
- https://biak.us/ – The Brain Injury Alliance of Kentucky serves those affected by brain injury through advocacy, education, prevention, service and support.
- http://ucp.org/ – United Cerebral Palsy educates, provides resources, answers questions, gives recent research and gives support services to those living with cerebral palsy or providing care to those affected by cerebral palsy.
- http://kidscenter.org – The Kids Center for Pediatric Therapies is a local (Louisville, KY – based) resource for those with children suffering from cerebral palsy and other developmental delays.
- http://patientsafety.org – Consumers Advancing Patient Safety (CAPS) is a partnership between consumers and healthcare providers promoting the well-being of patients in the healthcare system
- http://empoweredpatientcoalition.org/ - a charitable organization founded by patient advocates for improved safety and quality in healthcare
- https://consumersunion.org/topic/health-care/ - The publishers of Consumer Reports provide important information and advocacy for safer healthcare and affordable healthcare coverage.
- https://safepatientproject.org/ - This is a sub group under the umbrella of the consumers union that advocates for healthcare improvements to benefit the patient.
Knowing that someone’s out there fighting for the small guy who couldn’t fight, changed everything for me.Anthony M.
"Appreciate the extra care and patience that all of you are extending!"Nilyris W.
"Appreciate the team at Brett H. Oppenheimer, PLLC!"Sharon G.