Call to Schedule Your Consultation
Car Accident Report

How to Get a Car Accident Report or Police Report in Kentucky

Brett H. Oppenheimer, PLLC Can Help - Call (502) 242-8877 Today

If you are involved in a car accident in Louisville or anywhere else in Kentucky, it is important that you contact the police immediately to file an accident report. A police report or accident report (Kentucky Uniform Police Traffic Collision Report) can be important even in accidents where it appears no one is injured.

This police report/accident report will record the names of all parties involved in the accident, the time and date of the accident, the location of the accident and the property damage caused by the accident. Kentucky accident reports also list the apparent contributing factors (such as weather, lighting conditions, driver "inattention", etc). Accident reports also list available automobile insurance information and any citations that were issued. The investigating officer will file the accident report with the police department and the report will be available for you on-line or via U.S. Mail.

It is easy to obtain a copy of a Kentucky accident report on-line. There is a company that has a website to handle requests for car accident reports for Louisville and all of Kentucky. The website is called (

There is a fee for each accident report, which can be paid with the following:

  • MasterCard
  • Visa
  • Discover
  • American Express
  • Paypal

Accident reports are only available to the people involved in the accident, the parents/guardians of a minor involved in an accident, the insurance companies, or attorneys representing someone who was involved in the car accident. Once you are on the website '' you must select "Kentucky" from the dropdown box and then select "Find Document".

You will then be directed to a screen that looks like this: form

Enter the required information, enter your credit card or Pay Pal information, and then you will be able to print a copy of your Kentucky accident report.

Written requests need to be addressed to the Kentucky State Police post that worked the accident. Written requests should include a self-addressed stamped envelope and a $5.00 check or money order payable to Kentucky State Treasurer.

If you believe another person was responsible for your car accident in Louisville or elsewhere in Kentucky, you may want to contact a Kentucky attorney to assist you with filing a claim or pursuing a lawsuit.

Brett H. Oppenheimer is a lawyer who handles car accident cases in Louisville and across Kentucky that would be happy to talk to you about your case. You can contact Brett via email or call (502) 242-8877.

  • Million Dollar Advocates Forum
  • American Association for Justice
  • The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
  • The American Trial Lawyers Association
  • Accredited Business A+

Clients Believe Brett Oppenheimer Is the Right Choice

  • “I value the input & advice from the well informed friends & legal confidants I've had the pleasure to get to know and work with as well as learn from!”

    - Hill
  • “Thank you for receiving my call today re: my sons OPIOID Case; your knowledge, wisdom and understanding mean more to me than I can express. This epidemic is a very lonely Journey walking it alone; I ...”

    - Jayne C.
  • “Brett and Laurie were very professional and definitely caring. After working with them, my thought was right. I will recommend this dynamic team to anyone in need of legal help. Their service is excellent.”

    - Kim C.
  • “You helped me navigate the negotiation process with the insurance company …you were really helpful and transparent about everything. Thanks so much!”

    - Moshe O.
  • “This is an emotional and invasive process…Thank you for your assistance and candor! You guys are awesome.”

    - Richard B.

You Can Count on Brett

  • Respected by His Peers, Loved by His Clients
  • National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Kentucky
  • Personal Involvement From Start to Finish
  • Over 25 Years of Legal Experience
  • Rave Client Reviews
  • No Recovery, No Fee

Contact Us Today!

All Consultations are Free and Confidential
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.